Awesome opportunity at an established but very stable company. This organization truly believes in it's mission of helping others. They offer incredible work life balance and a very centrally located office. The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, configuring, maintaining, upgrading, and troubleshooting a complex networking environment that includes switches, routers, firewalls, gateways, and all related management software.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible is a key member of the team and will be tasked with providing mentorship and guidance to the junior staff. This highly visible role will be responsible for the technical architecture, design, implementation and continuity of the organization’s production network infrastructure. Network infrastructure for this organization includes, but not limited to, LAN, WAN, WLAN, Wireless Bridging, VoIP (IP Telephony), QoS, Firewall, Telephony Systems and Telecommunications. T
· Provide leadership and guidance to junior members of the team.
· Assist with the definition of training and development plans for junior members of IT Operations Team.
· Assist with conducting annual reviews for junior members of the team.
· Designing, implementing, monitoring and maintaining the overall network infrastructure
· Collaborate with Facility Security Officer or designated IT Security Analyst in researching security threats
· Serve as highest point of escalation to incidents in the network infrastructure.
· Performance monitoring, alert monitoring, event correlation and suppression, ticket notification and escalation
· Configure and deploy company LANs, WANs, WLANs, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, purpose-built appliances and other hardware to required specifications.
· DUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· 10+ years’ experience serving in a Network Engineering capacity required.
Experience in a leadership capacity
· Current certification as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required.
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience managing a network infrastructure comprised of Cisco technologies that includes router, switch, firewall, access security and other.
· 7 years’ Experience in Data Center and Enterprise LAN/WAN Environments
· Advanced knowledge in BGP and EIGRP
· Advanced knowledge in VMware NSX·
Bachelors degree in the Technology field
Additional certifications: Network+, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CNE
Advanced knowledge in Meraki Wireless Environments
Advanced knowledge in Checkpoint Firewall Technology