Supports senior technical staff in the execution, design, implementation and monitoring of networking and communication systems. Supports hardware and software systems platforms used throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following.
- Configure and install software on new and existing PCs
- Configure and install computer hardware equipment including, but not limited to, servers, scanners, mobile devices, printers and PCs.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve hardware/software reported issues. Engage senior level resources as necessary.
- Set up user accounts and passwords.
- Install server hardware and software
- Develop and present technical educational materials
- Research, evaluate and recommend software solutions for the Network platform
- Document I.S.team knowledge
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Network Technology Manager
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.