The Network Engineer will implement equipment installation plans based on the Network team’s specifications, maintain all network devices and troubleshoot issues across the corporate enterprise.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for monitoring the network switches and firewalls, assessing the functionality of the network routers, ensuring all security software is updated regularly, developing and implementing company security policies in accordance with the management team.
- Sustain necessary data throughput and uptime by monitoring global network activity
- Administer network equipment in the production, test, wireless and Disaster Recovery environments
- Create and/or update network SLA’s for the production, test, wireless and Disaster Recovery environments
- Respond to network connectivity issues and resolve them within published SLA’s
- Document the architecture and maintenance schedule for network devices
- Collaborate with members of the Infrastructure team and the Security team to ensure network access and security are in “lock step” with network configurations
- Work with 3rd party support and service vendors to ensure that the network is operational as defined in published SLA’s & KPI’s.
- Responsible for daily administration of network enterprise
- Monitors network performance and performs testing
- Assists in the deployment of network updates and solutions
- Installs, maintains and evaluates network systems and communications
- Troubleshoots network issues involving various factors
- Participates in network architecture review/design, feasibility and cost studies
- Creates and maintains Disaster Recovery network environment and documentation
- Manages network hardware life cycle
- Must have extensive knowledge of Internet, VPN technologies, access points, routers, switches, firewall, etc.
- Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project
- Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Technical certifications are encouraged
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience with technical certifications preferred
- CCNA certification required, CCNP or CCIE preferred
- Requires 5 – 8 years of experience supporting a company’s network infrastructure
- Experience with ISE, PRIME, FirePOWER/SIGHT, TACACS, Citrix Cloudbridge, F5 networks, MPLS are a plus
- Knowledge of systems integration, computer security
- Knowledge of Cisco switches
- Understanding of Microsoft and Linux operating systems and network functions
- Understanding of Windows domains administration
- Demonstrates the ability to be diplomatic and effective in live conversations or voicemail/email messages
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate new technologies to address business needs
- Experience in managing vendor relationships and contracts
- Must have basic project management skills
- Ability to be proactive and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Must be a team player
Other relevant information (hours, travel etc)
- Some travel may be required.
- Some off-hours work will be required