Lead UX/UI Designer collaborates with engineering and marketing in the development of new digital interface platforms and technology solutions. The use of well-crafted customer-centered design skills are used to determine appropriate user experience, ergonomics, function, aesthetics, quality and safety. The Lead UX Designer plays a key role in planning and leading user observation research, synthesis and prioritization of insights as well as creating compelling design solutions through 2D visualization of concepts, platforms and systems. They are involved in the process from concept to implementation through the use of various design methodologies, merging an understanding of user and business needs, to drive high-quality digital solutions that meet or exceed customer needs. Our strongest candidates will demonstrate developing leadership qualities and will have the ability to serve as a user interface design advisor to other members of the team.
- Contribute/Lead all phases of UX work: user research, information architecture, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed graphic design, usability testing, and implementation.
- Research, identify and communicate through visuals, customer use case scenarios, needs and opportunities.
- Through quality stakeholder research practices, understand and define design constraints, advise teams, and make design recommendations for future concepts, individual products and systems.
- Translate design constraints into wireframe and graphic mockup concepts that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Able to guide technical and cross-functional teams to complete digital design and usability problem-solving tasks. Proactively seeks out senior technical and marketing leaders and managers as necessary. Uses relationships within Engineering and Marketing to share knowledge, best practices, and solve advanced technical problems.
- Creates and updates primary documentation for GUI designs. Understands and follows proper procedures and best practices. Ensures high-quality technical documentation is completed. Works with SMEs and managers to establish and improve procedures and best practices.
- Researches and showcases knowledge of the industry’s latest trends, technologies and best practices.
- Proactively updates project managers and R&D managers. Completes most tasks with minimal guidance. Takes direction as needed from SMEs and R&D managers.
- Responsible for working with engineering counterparts at vendors to design components, subsystems or systems. Reviews prints or other documentation to verify design and production criteria are met. May work with vendors at early design stages to perform evaluations and experiments.
- Responsible for collaborating with other designers throughout organization to ensure cohesive use of interface elements that delivers a harmonized branded experience.
- BFA or BS in User Experience (UX) Design, User Interface (UI) Design, Interaction Design, Human/ Computer Interaction (HCI), Human-Centered Computing or related degrees.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, software/graphic developer or similar role. Proven experience in new product launch projects.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability in verbal and visual communication of research, conceptual ideas, and design rationale; all within a user-centered design process.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with marketing teams, software engineers and other development team members.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Experience with relevant software packages and test methodologies required to support product development
- Ability to thrive on juggling multiple demands, prioritizing, delivering under tight timelines, and adapting quickly to change